Jacek, let's talk on the mongodb exporter sometime. I tried to get it
running but was unable to figure out how to get it to talk to the juju
mongodb. All I could get out of it was generic connection errors.

The relation thing you note is interesting. There's talk on the roadmap of
exposing controllers as relatable applications which makes a lot of this
easier as controllers can then just expose a prometheus endpoint and it
would do things like allow placing the Telegraf subordinate without first
using the Ubuntu charm as a relation endpoint.

As for the Grafana datasource, no reason at all. I just walked through
setting it up and I missed the relation there. I'll have to test that out
and update the article. Thanks for the heads up!