On 21 March 2017 at 13:00, Merlijn Sebrechts <merlijn.sebrec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Awesome stuff!
>
> Would it make sense to expose the autoscaling options over an
> interface/relationship? So that you can connect the autoscaler to a charm
> and the charm tells the autoscaler how it should be scaled....

Yea! It would be really good to let developers decide which metrics is the
most useful to look at when autoscaling their application, especially since
that is one of the big strengths in Juju - letting the experts give you
sane defaults.

I've been juggling the idea about integrating the Juju metrics into the
CharmScaler seeing how that would give the charmers an already existing
interface to specify their application metrics. However, as it stands right
now, Juju only collects those metrices every five minutes which obviously
wouldn't be a sufficient rate for smooth autoscaling.