# Juju 2.2-beta3 Release Notes

We are delighted to announce the release of Juju and conjure-up 2.2-beta3!
In this release, Juju greatly improves memory and storage consumption,
works on KVM containers, and improves network modelling. conjure-up now
supports Juju as a Service (JAAS), provides a MacOS client, and adds
support for repeatable spell deployments.

The best way to get your hands on this release of Juju and conjure-up is to
install them via snap packages (see https://snapcraft.io/ for more info on
snaps).

        snap install juju --classic --beta

        snap install conjure-up --classic --beta

Other packages are available for a variety of platforms. Please see the
online documentation at https://jujucharms.com/docs/
devel/reference-releases#development

## New and Improved

------------------------------

* conjure-up now uses libjuju as its API client.

* conjure-up supports deploying to Oracle.

* Juju now has more efficient transaction cleanup, which also requires less
memory. * log pruning can now be configured to specify maximum log entry
age and log collection size; max-logs-age, max-logs-size (
https://jujucharms.com/docs/devel/controllers-config)

* status history pruning can now be configured to specify maximum status
entry age and status collection size; max-status-history-age,
max-status-history-size

(https://jujucharms.com/docs/devel/models-config)

* experimental Oracle Compute provider

see https://jujucharms.com/docs/devel/help-oracle Known limitations for
this beta:

   -

   instance ids in Juju status are not user friendly.
   -

   destroy-controller might show an error if instance deletion takes too
   long.
   -

   yakkety bootstrap / workloads not supported.

## Fixes

------------------------------

* Log overflow has been minimised and OpenStack-based deployments improved
by ensuring that a Juju machine can always identify its firewall rule

* Juju more reliably determines whether to connect to the MAASv2 or MAASv1
API based on MAAS endpoint URL as well as the response received from MAAS.

* Go version updated to 1.8 to take advantage of performance improvements.

* Mongo updated to version 3.2.12 to take advantage of performance and
stability improvements, especially around buffered operations.

* For more Juju and conjure-up goodness, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/
juju/+milestone/2.2-beta3 and https://github.com/conjure-up/
conjure-up/milestone/19?closed=1

## Feedback Appreciated!

We encourage everyone to let us know how you're using Juju.

Join us at regular Juju shows - subscribe to our Youtube channel
https://youtube.com/jujucharms

Send us a message on Twitter using #jujucharms, join us at #juju on
freenode, and subscribe to the mailing list at juju@lists.ubuntu.com.

https://jujucharms.com/docs/devel/contact-us

## More information

To learn more about these great technologies please visit

https://jujucharms.com and http://conjure-up.io.