Hi Patrizio,

Network resolvability of Hadoop cluster nodes is a painful requirement at
times.  We test to catch issues like this on clouds/containers, but it
sounds like we've missed an openstack case.  If you don't mind, please
describe the failing environment and your /etc/hosts fix in an issue here:

https://github.com/juju-solutions/layer-apache-bigtop-base/issues

I'm concerned to hear that the smoke tests are failing for you as well.
Our tests for hadoop-processing run the smoke-test actions for all
components and a teragen/terasort across all the clouds.  The latest
results from just a few hours ago lgtm:

http://162.213.34.190:5000/cwr_bundle_hadoop_processing/44/report.html

Please open an issue for any failing test and we'll find out what's going
on.  Thanks for the reports!
--
Kevin Monroe