On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:14 PM N. S. <n5pas...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am running 10 machines on local LXD cloud, and it's fine.
>
> My host is Ubuntu 16.04, kernel 4.4.0-81.
>
> However, I have the following challenge:
> One of the machines (M0) stipulates a kernel 4.7+
>

> As it's known, unlike KVM, LXC makes use of same kernel of the host system
> and in this case (4.4.0-81) breaching thus the stipulation of M0 (4.7+).
>

> I have read that starting Juju 2.0, KVM is no more supported.

Juju still supports kvm, but the old "local" provider which supported
lxc/kvm is gone.

You could run a kvm container from within a lxd machine with the right
apparmor settings. Probably the most straight forward thing to do, though,
would be to create a KVM VM yourself, install Ubuntu on it, and then
manually provision it using "juju add-machine ssh:<hostname>".