On 25/07/17 00:54, Dmitrii Shcherbakov wrote:
> Hi Patrizio,
>
> As far as I understand it now, if you configure it right in terms of
> networking, it will be possible for both single and multi-cloud cases.

Correct. You can have one application deployed to a model in a Google cloud, and
another deployed to a model in AWS for example. Juju correctly determines that
workload traffic needs to flow between the workloads' respective public
addresses, and also takes care of opening the required firewall ports to allow
workload traffic to flow from the requires side of the relation to the provides
side.

Future work will see Juju optimise the netwrok aspects to that the relation will
be set up to use the cloud local addresses if the models and relation endpoints
are deployed in a way that this is supported (eg for AWS, same region, tenant,
vpc).

I also plan to add cross model support to bundles, to make the k8s federation
story described below easier. This is not started yet, just an udea on the
fairly large cross model relations todo list.