From: Tim Van Steenburgh <tim.van.steenbu...@canonical.com>
Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM
To: Micheal B <tic...@tictoc.us>
Cc: juju <Juju@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: Juju Kubernetes vSphere storage

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Micheal B <tic...@tictoc.us> wrote:

Thanks!

Stuck on

Step-6 Add flags to controller-manager, API server and Kubelet to enable
vSphere Cloud Provider. * Add following flags to kubelet running on every node
and to the controller-manager and API server pods manifest files.

--cloud-provider=vsphere

--cloud-config=<Path of the vsphere.conf file>

tried this .. did not make a difference

It's difficult to help because I don't know what steps were performed. You may
find it helpful to follow along with the steps here:
https://github.com/juju-solutions/bundle-canonical-kubernetes/issues/402. This
give more detail about configuring the vsphere cloud provider in the context of
CDK.

Configuring Masters

Edit or create the master configuration file on all masters
(/etc/origin/master/master-config.yaml by default) and update the contents of
the apiServerArguments and controllerArguments sections with the following:

kubernetesMasterConfig:

  admissionConfig:

    pluginConfig:

      {}

  apiServerArguments:

    cloud-provider:

    - "vsphere"

    cloud-config:

    - "/etc/vsphere/vsphere.conf"

  controllerArguments:

    cloud-provider:

    - "vsphere"

    cloud-config:

    - "/etc/vsphere/vsphere.conf"

When triggering a containerized installation, only the /etc/origin and
/var/lib/origin directories are mounted to the master and node container.
Therefore, master-config.yaml must be in /etc/origin/master rather than /etc/.

Configuring Nodes

Edit or create the node configuration file on all nodes
(/etc/origin/node/node-config.yaml by default) and update the contents of the
kubeletArguments section:

kubeletArguments:

  cloud-provider:

    - "vsphere"

  cloud-config:

    - "/etc/vsphere/vsphere.conf"

When triggering a containerized installation, only the /etc/origin and
/var/lib/origin directories are mounted to the master and node container.
Therefore, node-config.yaml must be in /etc/origin/node rather than /etc/.