On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Giuseppe Attardi <giuseppe.atta...@garr.it>
wrote:

> On 25 set 2017, at 12:20, Frode Nordahl <frode.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Giuseppe,
>
> See replies inline.
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Giuseppe Attardi <
> giuseppe.atta...@garr.it> wrote:
>
>> To avoid any confusion, I decided to do this:
>>
>>         juju config keystone service-tenant=service
>>

> FWIW; I would not recommend changing this default.
>

>> — Beppe
>>
>> > On 12 set 2017, at 19:19, Giuseppe Attardi <giuseppe.atta...@garr.it>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I am upgrading an OpenStack deployed with Juju release Mitaka to Ocata.
>> > Juju has created a project named “services” (actually two, one in
>> domain default and one in domain admin_domain).
>>

> The OpenStack Keystone Charm has been using the project name "services"
> since 2012.
>

> You are confirming that the Keystone Charm uses a different name from the
> one suggested by the official documentation.
> Throughout the OpenStack installation guides the suggested name is
> “service”:
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/install-guide-obs/keystone-users.html

Yes.  Historically there has existed little prior work for how the Keystone
directory should be organized.  We have taken a lead and have made some
choices in that regard. Everyone would benefit from standardization and
consistency and we will seek to achieve that with the broader community
over time.

> You would avoid a source of confusion if Keystone Charm would also use
> “service”, especially if the name of the service project is hard coded in
> certain Charms.
> I had to delve deep into che code of some charm to find that somewhere
> “service” was used and elsewhere “services”.

That is unfortunate. Please do make us aware of and raise bugs for (if you
have not done so already) any hard coding of these values across our Charms.

So I am suggesting that

> since 2018 the OpenStack Keystone Charm would be using the project name
> “service”.

Thank you for the suggestion, we will bring that into consideration.

--
Frode Nordahl