Hey folks,

I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out which distribution of
charm-tools I can/should use and how they are versioned in order to keep
track of bugfixes.

As far as I understand, the snaps are preferred over the packages in the
Juju PPA and PyPI falls somewhere in between?

The snap channels all refer to 2.2 which makes it a bit difficult to tell
which are which (see below), yet they all display charm 2.2.2 and
charm-tools 2.1.2 when running "charm version". I'm sure I'm missing
something obvious but how do I keep track of what is in each snap build?

Finally, we're using bundletester for running tests which pulls inn
charm-tools from PyPI which seems to have 2.2.0 as the latest version. Does
PyPI still get new charm-tools releases? If not, what's the recommended
workflow for those running bundletester?

P.S. The page on PyPI still refers to installing charm-tools from the Juju
PPA which probably should be fixed.

$ snap info charm
name:      charm
summary:   "charm and charm-tools"
publisher: charms
contact:   juju@lists.ubuntu.com
  charmstore-client and charm-tools
snap-id: 2Rryoc2ylScfbFl4eQtpntHD9iuZuMvt
commands:
  - charm
tracking:    stable
installed:   2.2 (17) 102MB -
refreshed:   2017-07-31 18:40:23 +0000 UTC
channels:
  stable:    2.2 (17) 102MB -
  candidate: 2.2 (23) 102MB -
  beta:      ↑