Hello,

I'm new to julia; I discovered it when I posted in the python pulp-or
google group about generating large LP models.

I currently use AMPL for model generation, but I'd like to switch to an
open-source alternative. I first went to pulp-or because I'm familiar with
python, but it's too slow; julia looks promising, but I'm concerned that
since I don't have a solid grasp of the language I might code the
constraints very inefficiently.

The LP models I'm generating are about 1.5Gb as .lp files and take ~20
minutes to generate on an 8Gb machine using AMPL.

It would help me get started if someone here could translate a piece of my
AMPL code to julia. I think I can translate the whole model if I have an
example to compare against.

Anyone here interested? It would be about 10 lines of AMPL code, describing
a variable defined by two derived sets.

Regards,
Andrew