Hi,

I really like the looks of Julia, but don't want to use it *yet*.

IMO, what Julia is really lacking is a (runtime choice of) industry grade
garbage collector implementation(s).

The reason I care is that I want to implement various immutable data
structures in Julia.
But such structures need a high performance (concurrent) garbage collector.
I understand that my use-case is of less importance to the community,
because Julia is targeted to do numeric computing.

Nevertheless, Julia has been touted as a 'kind-of' lisp because of its
homoiconicity and macros.
And all important lisp implementations rely on high performance gc's.

Why not Julia? Are there any plans to improve Julia's gc?

Cheers,
Robbert.