I think the Julia version of Pythonic is "Julian." My understanding on the
Slicot licensing situation is that 5.0 was initially released as GPL, and
this is the version that Debian uses, but since then it was taken down and
re-released under a different license. We can follow the Homebrew formula's
lead and use the Debian repo as a source, unless you needed to make tons of
changes to files that were in the tarball. I believe the convention with
Julia packages is to minimize the amount of non-Julia source. Hopefully
someone who is interested in control, has experience with BinDeps, and has
some time can help out here.