I use the TextMate editor a lot and I want to write plugins (bundles) for
it. Most bundles today seem to use Ruby, but I am not great at Ruby and I
think Julia has a lot of neat features for interacting with external
processess and manipulating strings. So I am starting to write some code
for supporting the creation of bundles for TextMate based on Julia. I
wanted to check if anybody else has been doing work in this area. Right now
I started implementing a module for reading and writing OS X plist files.
This is often a  format used for data exchange for TextMate bundles.

I got some very basic working code here:
https://github.com/ordovician/julia-plist

But I'd like some advice on how to name functions in a Julia way. So far
data structures are turned into strings on plist format with the "encode"
function and decoded with "readplist". None of them really good names. I
guess readplist might be confusing because readcsv works on files, which
readplist doesn't. readplist parses a string on plist format.