On Friday, February 28, 2014 4:28:23 AM UTC-6, Henrik L Nordmark wrote:

> Is there a way of running a Julia script line by line?
>
> When I use R or R Studio, I am able to write an R script and run whatever
> line of code my cursor is on by holding down Ctrl + R. And if I highlight a
> few lines of code and use that key stroke combination, it will specifically
> run those highlighted lines of code. Is there something equivalent to this
> in either Julia or Julia Studio?

Before RStudio there was ESS, Emacs Speaks Statistics, which has supported
R and Julia for some time.  The same keystrokes for sending a single line
of code (ctrl-C ctrl-N) or a block of code or a whole buffer to be
evaluated work for R source code and Julia source code buffers.

If you are already familiar with emacs then this is an easy transition.
 Whether it is worthwhile learning emacs to be able to use this capability
is another matter.