I would urge you to always put a semicolon after the condition; you'd be
surprised at how often part of the consequent is parsed as part of the
condition otherwise! It's quite brittle.
In fact, I think that semicolon or newline should be required after the if
condition for this reason.

It's not bad to put a semicolon before the end as well, but I don't know
that leaving it out has the same potential to cause trouble.