Ah wonderful, thankyou both.

Ivar; you're quite right about being able to get rid of the array for t, I
was just following term for term the mathematical expression.

Jiahao; your code is indeed much more elegant! Thank you for pointing me in
its direction. How efficient is the M::SymTridiagonal type? That
conditional sum() is particularly swish.

Certainly if the RandomMatrices package is fixed up, I'd use it!

Best,

Jarv