I think that this is great news for Julia, especially if Dropbox puts
serious engineering effort into this project.  Julia is dynamically typed
just like Python, so all the high level optimizations PySton needs to make
a Python LLVM JIT fast will be aplicable to Julia.  Both will sit ontop of
LLVM's MCJIT and they will likely have to contribute patches to make this
project sucessful, which will again benefit Julia.  It looks like they are
going to attempt interesting things like tiered compilation, escape
analysis for GC'd memory, and backpatching of JIT'ed code, all things Julia
does not do at the moment.

-Jake