Le jeudi 17 avril 2014 23:28:52 UTC+2, Stefan Karpinski a écrit :

> ... and you can write slow code in any language.

Sure. I am just pointing out that microbenchmarks are not always easy to
interpret.

On a different subject, It would be nice to be able to pass big(1):big(10)
to prod in order to avoid creating a temporary array but I don't know why
this does not work. Should I raise an issue?

Also it would be nice if factorial raises a warning if its argument is an
Int64 bigger than 20 (in which case an overflow occurs and the factorial
does not return the correct result).

Thanks to the julia team for this very nice language!