It would be great if an IDE could add comments after end if the opening of
the block can't fit on the same screen. A code formatter should definitely
implement something like that.

A syntax would be nice, because Julia could issue warnings/errors when the
two come out of sync. It could also be helpful to give better error
messages for missing/extra `end` statements. The only objection I can see
is that it makes the language and implementation more complex, and it will
increase the time it takes to learn Julia. That is a high price for a
feature that is rarely used.

Ivar