Hey all—

As far as Patrick's question goes—

It is true that a lot of the talks at the conference are going to be about
fairly advanced topics (Julia internals, a prototype Julia typechecker,
etc.). That said there will also be a number of talks that deal with using
Julia to solve some sort of technical computing problem (e.g. parallelizing
sparse matrix multiplication), which even novice Julia users will probably
be able to appreciate provided that they have some understanding of the
mathematical/scientific content. So I would say in order to get a lot out
of the conference, attendees should probably ether be relatively
experienced Julia users, or have domain knowledge in one or more areas that
Julia is used in (numerical linear algebra, statistics, machine learning,
etc.)

As far as Luis's question—

Yes, we've been meaning to get this information up for a while, it should
be on the website soon.

Cheers,
James