On Tuesday, 20 May 2014 11:57:15 UTC+10, Tim Holy wrote:

> I can't look at all that code, but one quick thought: can you use
> ImmutableArrays.jl?

I didn't know there was such a thing until now :)

> For operations on small matrices/vectors, it's quite a lot
> faster.

 Looking into it now.

> When you say you didn't get a lot out of the profiling information, do you
> mean
> it was hard to interpret, or it just wasn't very informative? If the
> former,
> ProfileView.jl might help.

When I ran @profile of my outer loop, the output didn't really shout at me
"This is the ranked list of functions which take the most cumulative time".
  Seemed to only aggregate at the level of program lines not functions.  I
need to have a more detailed look.  Lots of array.jl stuff cluttering up
the output as well. It's early days yet, I guess I'll be able to read it
like The Matrix in a few weeks :)

thanks for the help
mike