It's definitely worth considering. Here's a reasonable way around the
problem if you need to run both v0.2 and v0.3 – put this in your
~/.juliarc.jl:

if VERSION < v"0.3-"
ENV["JULIA_HISTORY"] = joinpath(homedir(), "~/.julia_history_v0.2")
end

Now your v0.2 Julia will use the file ~/.julia_history_v0.2 instead of
~/.julia_history.