I wanted to do this for DSP.jl as this is used for filter design, but all
opensource implementations I could find to use as a reference just wrapped
the same old piece of Fortran code or a low-level translation of it to C
(this is the case in Scipy). As I am not terribly familiar with the
algorithm's internal workings and had other priorities at the moment, I
ended up never working on it. I think that we could benefit from a nice and
clean Julia rewrite of the algorithm, though.

--
João Felipe Santos