Viral,

Didn't know about the 'shared grant proposal', certainly a tasty bit of info
that should not get lost!

John,

Both Ben (Goodrich) and Bob (Carpenter) of the Stan team pointed me to another
Julia package:

https://github.com/brian-j-smith/Mamba.jl

Brian has contributed and maintained the boa package for R. Mamba looks very,
very promising. With little red ears I'm studying the package.

It was also pointed out to me I'd forgotten to mention that Stan.jl requires
Julia's v0.3-prerelease (as it uses the new DataFrames).

Finally, a significant part of the value of CmdStan/Stan is the Stan team &
community. Even with a mature C++ FFI, I would like to remain as
'interchangeable' with both Stan and CmdStan as possible.

Rob J. Goedman
goed...@icloud.com