OK, I was thinking about general symmetric matrices (therefore I was
thinking about LU - UMFPACK), though my operators are, indeed, positive
definite. I never realized that Julia uses two different libraries for
solving sparse matrices, but it makes sense.
Good to know that it is a matter of changing a flag.

Thank you !