Per Jameson's response and my own testing, it seems like the STDERR issues
have been resolved (perhaps after rc1?):

$ julia -e 'throw(DomainError())' 1> stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt
$ cat stdout.txt

$ cat stderr.txt
ERROR: DomainError
 in process_options at ./client.jl:213
 in _start at ./client.jl:354

For future reference, you can search for current issues and file new ones
at https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia.  Click on the Issues tab on the
right.  Search is located at the top.

Cheers,
   Kevin