Packages are each in their own module, which are namespaces.

Because generic functions "own" all their scattered methods, there is less
of a need to hide functions with the same name inside different namespaces
in Julia.

Could you be more specific about what you're concerned could happen? (for
example, what is a specific problem that could arise from not using
namespaces heavily enough?)

Best,
  Leah