You must use push!

Julia is very careful about the meaning of a function (partially because
multiple dispatch makes it much more important than in other languages).

push! : appends a single element to a collection
append! : pushes all the elements of a container into another container.

c_zero is an array of arrays, and thus you will have to insert the whole
array [1,2] into c_zero, not all the elements of the array.

Ivar