I'll quote another ongoing thread
"Yes; Base is *implicitly* imported, meaning that you can *use* any
function in Base without having to *explicitly* import it. However, in
order to *extend* the function with new methods, you do need to import it
*explicitly* (using a statement like import Base.start, Base.next, Base.done
 or import Base: start, next, done). Otherwise, you’ll *shadow* the
function in Base instead."

So you can either import import import Base.show  first, or change the
method definition to  Base.show(args...) =...

I'm actually not sure how it will interact with your Array type vs
Base.Array

I feel like this is one of the most frequently asked questions on the list.
 That may be a sign that could use more discoverability.