I’m writing a Julia parser to read in a large output from a Fortran program
which is essentially a load of concatenated matrices of differing
dimensions. It would be really useful to be able to do something along the
lines of readdlm(file,nlines=3) to pull in i.e. the 3x3 matrix you know
that follows.

Currently I’m resorting to things like:

    celltext=string(readline(f),readline(f),readline(f))
    cell=readdlm(IOBuffer(celltext))

And this really doesn’t feel like a very elegant method (not helped as
neither readline nor readlines appear to accept ‘number of lines’ as an
argument).

Am I missing the Julia way to do things here? Or should I start writing
@macros to expand to this level of nitty gritty?
​