Hi,
I'm running on windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Julia 0.3.0 RC4

The first three lines of my code are
println("about to add processors")
addprocs(24)

println("added processors")

Some of the times I start the program alls the instances start except for 1
or 2 which then sits there churning away, i.e. I never get to "processors"
I had the same with starting just on the cores and also with using -p on
the command line.
I can see all the processors (including hyperthreaded) start up, picking up
the memory and then go back to no activity waiting for the errant one to
come back; but it doesn't.

other times it starts and runs fine (I kill the processes and start again
and every so often it starts.

I'm assuming there's some race problem somewhere.

I'm away for a couple of days but

=> what can I do to help pin down the problem so it can be fixed?

I don't think it's something I've done as it works sometimes and it's
before I've run any code to do anything.

It happens on all the machines I'm using - though they are the same spec 32
GB ram, dual E5-2630 processors

Thanks, John.