This was a feature that sorta existed for a while (see
https://github.com/JuliaStats/DataFrames.jl/issues/24 ), but nobody was
very happy with it, and I think John ripped it out as part of one of his
simplification passes. It's tricky to think about how best to implement
this sort of feature when you aspirationally want to support memory-mapped
and distributed structures too, and where you want a semantics that's
explicitly set-like, cf Pandas or R's data.tables.

Also worth thinking about this in the context of John's just-announced
goals: https://gist.github.com/johnmyleswhite/ad5305ecaa9de01e317e