On Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:46:55 PM UTC-4, cdm wrote:

> for example, suppose the user was
> interested in changing the color
> schemes in the REPL so that
> the "julia>" prompt was say
> yellow instead of the green from
> the three dots logo, and user
> entry was in the same purple
> from the three dots logo, etc.

I don't think this is easily customizable right now; it doesn't seem to be
documented at all.

The prompt color is set by the default LineEditREPL constructor (in
REPL.jl).  The result color can be changed via the environment variable
JULIA_ANSWER_COLOR
(black/red/green/yellow/blue/magenta/cyan/white/normal/bold) and the input
color can be changed via the environment variable JULIA_INPUT_COLOR.  The
shell and help colors are also set in the LineEditREPL constructor.

In principle, I think it would be possible to replace the REPL with a
different REPL (e.g. LineEditREPL called with different colors passed to
its constructor) by changing Base.active_repl in your .juliarc file (since
this is loaded before the REPL is started); you'll also need to call
popdisplay() to remove the original REPL from the display stack and push
the new REPL display via pushdisplay(Base.REPL.REPLDisplay(active_repl)).
 However, this seems a bit painful...you'll have to replicate a bunch of
the logic in the _start() function from base/client.jl.