Some systems round their answers as John said but it's easy to check that
it's a lie:

R version 3.1.0 (2014-04-10) -- "Spring Dance"
> 2*10.97 + 23.9985
[1] 45.9385
> 2*10.97 + 23.9985 == 45.9385
[1] FALSE

This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 2 (v5.16.2)
  DB<1> x 2*10.97 + 23.9985
0  45.9385
  DB<2> x 2*10.97 + 23.9985 == 45.9385
0  ''

I don't have a working copy of Matlab right now, but I think it does this
too.