It looks like you have a broken dependency, and that the problem is in how
Julia is packaged in the "portage tree".

The quick solution is probably to compile yourself. That will also give you
the opportunity get the latest bugfixes on the release-0.3 branch or the
latest bugfix release v0.3.2, that contain backwards compatible bugfixes.

It would of course be better to contact the "portage tree" maintainers and
get the Julia package fixed, and make them package the bugfix releases.

Ivar

kl. 01:56:14 UTC+1 onsdag 5. november 2014 skrev Andreas Noack følgende:

> I also cannot reproduce this. Is your input exactly as your have posted it?

>> It works fine for me.  I am on Julia 3.2 using Windows 7 with 64 bit
>> hardware.
>>

>> On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:12:52 PM UTC-5, Karel Zapfe wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi fellas:
>>>
>>> I am starting the Julia Tutorial at:
>>> http://forio.com/labs/julia-studio/tutorials
>>>
>>> There is an example for linear regression in Julia. According to the
>>> tutorial, linear regresion via the function
>>>
>>> linreg(x,y)
>>>
>>> should just work. But it doesn't. Instead, it gives me a very very very
>>> criptic error message:
>>>
>>>  ** On entry to DTZRZF parameter number  7 had an illegal value
>>>
>>> My code is very simple:
>>>
>>> x = float([1:12])
>>> y = [5.5; 6.3; 7.6; 8.8; 10.9; 11.79; 13.48; 15.02; 17.77; 20.81; 22.0;