Hi all -- perhaps I am erring by necro-ing a thread from last year.
However, this was the closest thing I found to a survey of all the plotting
options available on Julia and I thought it wouldn't be so bad to revive
this thread for an updated discussion.

How is the field of plotting options now? Has the community started to
gravitate to some over others? At this point, it looks like Winston and
Gadfly are still the primary options native to Julia (and stylistically
quite different), while PyPlot.jl pretty awesomely imports Matplotlib.