Well, as of julia-0.4.0-1454~ubuntu14.04.1 It still happens. By the way, I
was wrong about which package to blame, it's not julia-doc but  julia
itself (julia-doc contains the manual and other documentation, but the
basic help strings the REPL help() functions prints are actually in the
julia package).

I'm pretty sure this is a .deb package problem and not an issue with Julia
itself, so I'll tell the PPA maintainer.