Another slightly OT remark, that I believe many might find useful, is that
the [github hub project](https://github.com/github/hub) is really worth
checking out.

It's basically a "super-set" of `git`, intended to be aliased (`alias
git=hub` on e.g. ubuntu), and it forwards any regular `git` command to
regular `git`. However, it also adds a bunch of sweet features like `git
pull-request` which will do all the required steps to create a pull request
to merge the current branch into `origin/master`, including creating a fork
etc if it's necessary. You get a url to the pull-request in the UI =)

It requires you to have a Github account and to configure both `git` and
`hub` to be aware of (and have access to via ssh) that account, but there
are really nice instructions in the docs for the `hub` project.

// T