On 12 December 2014 at 00:28, Stefan Karpinski <ste...@karpinski.org> wrote:

> Btw, can I be added to the JuliaCI org?

No idea who, but someone has taken care of it.  If someone else wants
to join, just give us a poke.

On 12 December 2014 at 00:49, Nils Gudat <nils.gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse the ignorant question, but what exactly does this mean? I haven't
> seen Travis CI before and clicking on the home page is slightly confusing...

Ignorance is fine, at least in academia you need some of it in order
to accomplish anything.  I agree that the homepage is a mess,
essentially they have a bunch of virtual servers that check if you
have a pending pull request or made a push to your repository.  Once
this happens they will pull the code from GitHub and build/run tests
on their machines to check that everything is all right.  If something
is wrong, you will get an e-mail/notification on GitHub.  This enables
you to test against multiple versions of Julia and saves you the time
to pull code from other people to test locally on your machine before
accepting pull requests.  It is worth pointing out that I am by no
means a testing fanatic, but I still really enjoy the service that
Travis provide.

    Pontus