On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM, SVAKSHA <svak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Ivar Nesje <iva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3 days old version: This looks really weird, and I can't really see how this
>> can happen. The first I would check is that you are actually running the
>> julia you just built, rather than a a 3 days old julia from another
>
> Well, the make errors came after a fresh compile from the
> 20a5c3d888dd9317065390b8bbd984
> 17addeb65c commit.
>
> Fwiw, I had deleted the old julia repo and .julia directory, cloned
> julia afresh and compiled it again because the earlier commit was
> showing a 3-day old master.  Despite running make after doing a fresh
> pull**[0] today morning it still says "Version 0.4.0-dev+2200
> (2014-12-18 17:30 UTC) Commit 79d473c (4 days old master)". Really
> odd.
>

>> directory. The next point on the list is to post git status and the last
>> line of sh base/version_git.sh so that we can see if it gives us a clue.
>
> After a git pull since last night,
> ~/julia$ git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 17 commits. **[0]
>   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
> nothing to commit, working directory clean
>
> **[0] NB: this is odd, when tig shows this:
> https://gist.github.com/svaksha/76716563322d9065e672

Fwiw, I use the git version 2.2.1 and I'm wondering if the problem is
because I updated git after the security bug issue and dont use the OS
packaged version of git? It should'nt be related but I cannot put a
finger on the weird git behaviour. Just thinking out loud.

SVAKSHA ॥  http://about.me/svaksha