On Monday, December 29, 2014 2:44:55 PM UTC-5, Tobias Knopp wrote:

> The lack of module merging (see exportall, reexport,...) makes include
> more necessary than it might be.

`exportall` is a much better idea than `importunexported` from my post
above. I.e. the child module would call `exportall` and the parent module
would call either `importall` or `reexport` depending on whether it wanted
the child's symbols to be exported or not.

It looks like there has already been a bunch of activity around this
question on the issue tracker.

1. The Reexport package already exists:
https://github.com/simonster/Reexport.jl
2. There is an issue discussing adding `reexport/reexported` and
`exportall` keywords: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/1986
3. There is an open pull request to merge some of this functionality into
Base: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/pull/5626