On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:57:25 AM UTC-5, sadhanapriya...@vit.ac.in
wrote:

> hi
>

> Please let me know how to declare float, double, long int, unsigned long
> and unsigned char to some variable in julia( Please mention syntax)

I've found the following works for me

As others have mentioned, that reference page looks good, but for the C
equivalent, you need to be a little careful in 2 cases.  float will always
be Float32 and double will always be Float64, but long is not necessarily
64 bits
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7279504/long-and-long-long-bit-length>,
so may be either UInt64 or UInt32 depending.  Also, in 0.3.x it's Uint and
in 0.4.x it UInt (little i, big I).  Finally the char type in Julia is a
wide char (32 bits), so the equivalent type as far as bits go to C unsigned
char is UInt8 on 0.4.x or Uint8 for 0.3.x.