Steven,
The error is actually an issue with LightTable's Juno plugin and actually
has nothing to do with Julia.
I think what happened is in reporting the errors the plugin makes some
mistake and ended up reporting another error(or itself had some misuse of
strings) instead.
The actual error was discovered while running it from the command shell is
in fact:
ERROR: assertion failed
 in ∫ at SimplePoly.jl:286
 in ∫ at SimplePoly.jl:518
 in ∫ at SimplePoly.jl:786
 in ∫ at Factor.jl:153
which seems more reasonable, as the assertion is the one I wrote.

sorry for the troubles!