Hi,

I am trying to port following simple Matlab code into Julia to get
*mu*

M=500

m_plus=M*0.2;

m_0=M*0.1;

m_minus=M*0.7;

mu_plus=0.15+0.5*(1:m_plus)/m_plus;

mu_minus=-3*(1:m_minus)/m_minus;

mu_0=zeros(1,m_0);

*mu*=[mu_plus mu_0  mu_minus]

However, with Julia, this is never a simple task because of the too sensitive
type specification.

I have no problem upto line 6 but I had error on line 7 or zeros().

`Array{T,N}` has no method matching Array{T,N}(::Type{Float64}, ::Int64,
::Float64)
while loading In[121], in expression starting on line 1 in zeros at array.jl:170

It worked when I changed 50.0 into 50 in zeros() and I made change in code to
convert float into integer with convert()    and ::

convert(Int32,m_0);

m_0= m_0::Int32

but not works

The second error was concatenation.

mu_plus=0.15+0.5*(1:m_plus)/m_plus;

mu_minus=-3*(1:m_minus)/m_minus;

mu_0=zeros(1,50);

mu=[mu_plus mu_0  mu_minus]

number of rows must match while loading In[133], in expression starting on line
4

in hcat at abstractarray.jl:571

This may be the reason of different date type as well.

The type of mu_plus and mu_minus are FloatRange{Float64} (constructor with 1
method),

while that of mu_0 is Array{Float64,2}

Could you let be know the basics that I still need to practice?

Many thanks.