My goal here is not R bashing (I do still use it) but simply pointing where
the pain points are so that Julia can avoid the same mistakes.
R's Task views simply don't cut it for me . My single greatest source for
good info on R packages is R-bloggers. Also google is very useful to search
R info spread out over different sources (Task views, R-bloggers,
stackoverflow, rdocumentation.org,...)