If you want to allocate an Array you can simply write:

julia> Array(Int, 5, 1)
10x1 Array{Int64,2}:
 2187293504
 2151034912
 2195818528
 2147516504

Now, Vector is a short form for Array{T, 1}. I would then expect to be able
to allocate a vector using something like this:

julia> Vector(Int, 5)
ERROR: MethodError: `convert` has no method matching convert(::Type{Array{T,
1}},
 ::Type{Int64}, ::Int64)
This may have arisen from a call to the constructor Array{T,1}(...), since
type
constructors fall back to convert methods in julia v0.4.
Closest candidates are:
  convert{T}(::Type{Nullable{T}}, ::T)
  convert{T}(::Type{T}, ::T)
  convert{T}(::Type{FloatRange{T}}, ::FloatRange{T<:FloatingPoint})

Could someone help me with the syntax? Do you have to use the Array form
every time you want to initiate a Arrat{T,1} with a certain length?

Best regards,
Kristoffer Carlsson