You don't need a cluster manager to use MPI with Julia. You can start the Julia
processes in the MPI-usual way via "aprun julia myproc". In the Julia code, you
can then use MPI to determine the workers' rank etc.

I have written a semi-usable set of communication primitives that work in this
environment (@rexec, @par, etc.; names are different from standard Julia)
<https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/funhpc.jl>, but I haven't measured or improved
performance for this yet.

-erik