On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 12:25:20 PM UTC-4, Yuhui ZHI wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question: how to embed Julia into VS2013?
>
> I have read this:
> https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/release-0.3/doc/manual/embedding.rst
>
> But I still have no idea.
>
> I am using vs2013 in the system of Windows10.
> I have created a project and now I want to use Julia in it. So I want to
> know how to embed Julia here.

Julia is compiled using gcc and MSYS2 on Windows, and though support for
compilation using VSC++ is kinda there, it's
early.  Tony would be able to explain way better, though.

However, I've been doing some reading, and there might be a way to link to
libjulia and thus embed Julia in a Visual Studio
C/C++ program
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2096519/from-mingw-static-library-a-to-visual-studio-static-library-lib.

 All
of the exported symbols of libjulia should be C symbols, so you don't have
to worry about how gcc and VSC++ name mangle
differently, making things easier.  libjulia is a .dll, but if you need a
.lib, then there's a technique to do that
<https://adrianhenke.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/create-lib-file-from-dll/>

I would be very interested in making libjulia accessable to VS.