Regarding the PS, just because it possibly causes problems in one edge case
is no reason to not make backports available to assist in making code run
across multiple versions, to assist in porting, and to keep packages
running on stable Julia.  The benefits far outweigh the occasional cost,
sorry you might have got hit with the cost.

Cheers
Lex