In a sense, a SharedArray should act like an Array if you're using a single
core. I'm not saying all methods have been implemented for them, but if the
code runs then it certainly shouldn't give different answers. So I'd say this
is a bug.

So now that we know it's a bug, I'd urge you to file an issue. The advantage is
that it's less likely to be forgotten than an email. If whoever digs into it
(maybe me but not this week, maybe someone else) discovers there isn't really
a problem after all, you can blame me :-).

--Tim